URGENT ACTION ALERT: Please Contact your MP ahead of Parliament Vote on NI Abortion Law
Dear friend of Precious Life,
It's just been announced that the Westminster Parliament is set to vote next Tuesday (12th May) on making extreme and broad-based Abortion Regulations (imposed on 31st March) law in Northern Ireland. These regulations allow for abortion up to the 24th week of pregnancy on request, and abortion up to the moment of BIRTH for unborn children who have a life-limiting disability, including Down’s Syndrome, Club Foot and Cleft Palette.
If the regulations were to be made law, we will face the imposition of one of the most permissive and cruel abortion laws in Europe.
Thank you for all you have done in the past to speak out in defence of our little unborn brothers and sisters, especially over the course of the last year, but we need you to keep the pressure on. So please use this opportunity to contact your MP today.
Please contact your MP to ask him/her to vote AGAINST the Statutory Instrument that would make these regulations law, and to speak up against these horrific abortion regulations in Parliament.
Important points to raise with your MP:
- The principles of devolution and the democratic process must be upheld.
- These regulations lack legitimacy and have been imposed on Northern Ireland against the principles of devolution and democracy. The UK Government cannot and does not speak for the people of Northern Ireland, who have the right through the Good Friday Agreement to have their democratic wishes respected and upheld.
- 79% of people who responded to the NIO’s public consultation on abortion law in Northern Ireland rejected the government’s regulations and stated that they did not want to see ANY change to the province’s pro-life laws.
- An external government should not be permitted to dictate the law on abortion; this must be the decision of the people of NI and their elected representatives.
- The Attorney General for Northern Ireland, John Larkin, has made clear that the Northern Ireland Secretary “exceeded his powers” in imposing these extreme abortion regulations.
- These regulations becoming law would have a devastating effect on unborn children, their mothers, and society as a whole in Northern Ireland.
Please email or phone your MP now by visiting the following link: (https://members.parliament.uk) to urge him/her to take a stand against this unjust and radical abortion regime in Parliament next week, and to use their power to vote against these extreme regulations becoming law.
(Director) Precious Life